Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play-by-Post RPG

HomePortalPublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The StoryThe LoreCharactersMy Player

Room 1 PVERoom 2 PVPRoom 3 STSRoom 4 PTS

Game GuideSkillsTransactionsGame Room

Chapter 3: Sleep

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pigloo
Role Players
Role Players
Pigloo

XP : 60786
Love : 5

Chapter 3: Sleep Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 1:59 pm

It was a warm summer day in the City of Ramoa. For the past 30 days or so, sir Gene had been teaching me the ways of the sword. I'm not really entirely sure if I was able to satisfy his mentoring because even though he keeps telling me that I'm going a good job, I still feel like I'm not nearly as good as he expects me to be. Considering the time and effort we both put into my training, I have picked up quite a few moves from sir Gene.

Our training kinda reminded me of that time in school where I was being taught to play baseball by our P.E. teacher. The sword resembled a bat, and the ball the target. The first time I held a baseball bat was some few years ago. I remember the bat being very heavy and difficult to control, it felt like I was carrying a hollow tube filled with water. As the years progressed, the bat gradually became lighter and easier to wield. The same could be said with the sword sir Gene gave me. Sure it had been only a month, but unlike baseball, sir Gene had me bring carry the sword around everywhere and every time.

I never liked the idea of cutting anything, with a heart, open. I think sir Gene knew that, hence he had me practice on wooden stumps. One time I was practicing on a hard rock, sir Gene quickly called my attention and told me the importance of keeping my sword's edge in prime condition. I felt bad immediately after realizing that I had been poorly treating this weapon he gave me. I saw how disappointed sir Gene was at me at that time and I vowed to myself that I'd be more responsible from now on.

Our journey to Ramoa City was pretty subtle. Mostly we encountered some form of small animals but sir Gene quickly took care of them, without me having to lift a finger. I think he's worried about my previous injuries which I suffered back in Union City. To be honest, I was surprised myself, that I jumped out of a window from several feet above the ground and survived. I still get shivers whenever I recall that eventful night, I hope I never get to experience that type of scenario again.

We arrived at the City of Ramoa and I was instantly wowed by it's sheer size and colorful environment. It was nothing like Union City, which was damp and smelled like fish. To compare the two would be like comparing an apple with a pumpkin.

We haven't slept on a bed and we haven't eaten anything delicious as well for these past few weeks. I wanted to ask sir Gene if we could go get something delicious to eat, but I was afraid he'd get mad at me for being such a kid. I turned to sir Gene and wanted to ask him but I regressed.
Back to top Go down
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

XP : 37919
Love : 1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 3:46 pm

C.S.R., Romoa...

It's been a month since they first set off for Romoa in search adventure and excitement, not having too much difficulty getting there. It was pretty boring, but it's to be expected, given the lack of activity going on in the area. Gene attacked some of the indigenous wildlife that got too close to their ride to relieve some of Gene's boredom. He didn't want Ayshee to get in the way of his work, thinking he might want to help, but would end up hesitating and letting them get away. The kid lacks the bloodlust and sense of battle to kill anything yet, or anyone for that matter.

Gene gave the kid a few pointers in swordsmanship along the way there, mostly attacking trees and what not, since he didn't have the nerve to practice on something that was alive. He'd spar with him, but there weren't any suitable training weapons around and he didn't want to end up hurting him by accident. He had the right stuff, but he was too intimidated by everything to go on the offensive. He'd rather hide behind his shield than go on the offensive.

They finally made it to Romoa after a few days of travel. The place sure was big, almost as big as cities in Thanatos, but much less infuriating. Ayshee had this look of amazement that made his face glow like a lamp. Gene couldn't help but chuckle at the kid's excitement, but he expected that feeling to be short lived after seeing what this place had to offer.

It felt weird seeing how friendly everyone was, usually being surrounded by rapscallions and scoundrels that'd like nothing more but to gut you and take everything you own with them. There were even a few people that waved at them as they came rolling into town. He still had his suspicions since he knew people usually only acted nice if they had some hidden agenda. 

Gene and Ayshee both hopped out of the cart and said their goodbyes to the old man as they parted ways. Now the only thing they had to worry about was finding a place to sleep and get something decent to eat. Among there being a lot of people there, there was a whole lot of diversity among the citizens, which hinted strongly at the possibility that these folks weren't so bad if they'd welcome foreigners into their city, but you can never really tell at first glance.

The first place he wanted to check was the local taverns to get some good brew and chow. Gene didn't feel like spending a lot, so he got them each a potato and some water for the kid since he wouldn't be too fond of beer. The cheap stuff tasted like piss, but it at least it did its job and relaxed him a bit. As for shelter, they stayed in a nice spot between two buildings that prided a little extra roof to cover them from the sun or any rain that might come rolling in.

They had been living like this for a few weeks now and it seemed to be getting to Ayshee, with the way he's been looking bummed out. Anyone would get tired of this lifestyle if they could do something about it. Today though, it looked like the lad was burning to ask Gene something, but he was too reserved to ask outright. His behavior was starting to get on his nerves, so he approached him first. "Huuuuh? You wanna say somethin' to me or not? Being tight-lipped around me is just gonna annoy me, so spit out already! If you wanna sasy somethin', then just say it, you little shrimp!" He didn't expect anything good out of yelling at him, but he had to have some backbone and speak his mind or he'll never get anywhere on his own in this world.
Back to top Go down
Pigloo
Role Players
Role Players
Pigloo

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 11:26 pm

Sir Gene was in a particularly off mood today. I don't blame him, the sun was intentionally scourging today. It penetrated through our armors, I even had to remove mine because it felt like my torso was being roasted in a pot. Even the wind was brutally warm. It did nothing to cool our sweat covered skin.

When he asked me if I had anything to say, I realized that I had been staring at sir Gene like a hungry puppy. I wanted to tell him that I was hungry, smelly and tired. But I knew that complaining would only make things worse. So I said,

"N-no. It's nothing."

Of course it wasn't the truth, but I had to endure this in order to be a man. If only I had learned to be stronger and more independent. Then my mom wouldn't have exerted too much effort taing care of me. Perhaps she would still be... I can't help but blame myself for what happened. If I had been less a child then my mom wouldn't have over exerted herself and I wouldn't have the need to board a plane and be lost in the strange word.

"It's nothing." I didn't want to sound like a bitter child but I also didn't want sir Gene to know the true reason why I was upset.
Back to top Go down
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 12:46 pm

S.C.R., Romoa...

Ayshee was being stubborn and wouldn't divulge his intentions to Gene. A vein popped up on his forehead as he restrained himself from yelling anymore than he already had. So if he was going to be that way then there wasn't much he could do about it without causing a big fuss. "Hmph!" He turned his nose up at the boy in frustration. "Fine! If you don't want to say, we'll just sit here until you do." Gene crossed his arms and legs while staring at a wall. If he wasn't gonna speak up, then they weren't gonna do anything until Ayshee asserted himself. If there's anything he can't stand, it's kids that can't at least speak their minds.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

XP : (-)
Love : 30

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 2:07 pm

City of Ramoa
The City of Heroes

(OOC: Because Acruxis seems to be busy, I will try and take over this storyline as well)

Chapter 3: Sleep SceneRamoa

Ramoa is the largest and most diverse city in all of Wrozan. It holds up to 6.3 million citizens, it's military force is around 800,000 with more and more joining everyday. Known as the City of Heroes, Ramoa is home to some of the lands, finest and most accomplished war heroes. The Hall of Heroes was built to give tribute to the heroes who've given their lives for this land and it's constituents. Perhaps the most famous of them all is the legendary warrior, Crito Critt the 12th Espada, who gave his life defending nation during the Undead Invasion.

All sorts of people and culture can be found in this grand city. But this year there were a couple of notable people in the city who've come from different parts of the globe. These men and women are here to compete in the Espada tournament, which is held only once every thirty years, where the winner will be anointed as the next Espada. Traditionally the battles are one on one and the participants are not allowed to use any weapon or magic, but the new King amended these rules allowing for a more brutal and deadlier bouts. Unlike the Empire's Seven Lions, the Espada are not ranked according to their number. Instead they are listed in sequence according to their numerical order.

A festival was also taking place to celebrate the Espada Tournament. There was a very colorful parade marching through the streets of the city. Among these paraders was an agent of the Red Mask, he's been sent to track down the beings who came from the other world (Earth), using their special visors, they are able to visually identify the Earthlings. This agent spots Eishi from a distance and plans his next actions carefully.

Chapter 3: Sleep Sceneagent
Back to top Go down
https://ffmsl.rpg-board.net
Pigloo
Role Players
Role Players
Pigloo

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:05 pm

My attempt to hide emotions has failed an now sir Gene probably thinks that I'm being a kid again. Well he's wrong and I'm going to prove to him that I'm not a kid anymore. If he wanted to stay here then that's his choice. I refused to tell sir Gene anything. I went over to him but I did not say anything, I just took our luggage and carried it.

"Umf!!"

I was heavier than I expected. Sir Gene was carrying it around like it was full of pillows, but in my hands it felt like I was carrying a sack full of heavy stones. The weight of the bag quickly over threw mine and it pulled me to the ground. The bag was still strapped on my back, it was on the ground and I was on top of it. It was a struggle to get free from the straps but somehow I was able to manage. I did not want to look like a useless fool so instead of carrying the heavy pack, I pulled it with all my might. It was still heavy but at least I was moving. I continued on without sir Gene, if he wanted to sit there and act like a baby then so be it. I was tired and hungry. I had some coins with me, and although I'm not exactly sure what they're worth, I figured I'd try my wits.

I didn't notice it but there was a beautiful parade on the street. They were playing some form of cheerful music, that I didn't recognize, and they were dressed in all sorts of different colorful attires. I admired them for a few seconds and I continued moving forward. I thought sir Gene would be right behind me, so I turned around and to my surprise, I was lost. A sea of people surrounded me. I must've been too focused on pulling this heavy pack that I forgot how far I actually traveled from where sir Gene was. I was scared but I knew I had to overcome it, I wasn't going to be a kid anymore. I'm going to get to an INN and show sir Gene that I am capable and independent. Everyone was taller than me so it was very hard to see where I'm going. But I wondered around until I found an alley with less people.

The alley provided me with some breathing space and some time to calm down and gather my thoughts. At the end of the alley I saw something that resembles an INN, so I dragged the bag with me and walked over there.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:51 pm

City of Ramoa
The City of Heroes

The Agent of the Red Mask was keeping a keen eye on Eishi. He saw that Eishi had wondered off alone into an alley. It presented the Agent with an opportunity he had been waiting for. Very quickly, he scurried towards Eishi, gracefully evading the crowd. He arrives at the alley and slowly walks behind the little boy as he was dragging a large and heavy sack.

Isolating Eishi from the crowd reveals, clearly, in the Agent's visor that the boy was one of his targets. He casts a SLEEP spell on Eishi.
Back to top Go down
*bot ffmsl DICE
Battle Bot
Battle Bot
*bot ffmsl DICE

Love : 0

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 1:51 pm

The member 'Ish'in' has done the following action : FFMSL Dice

'De-buff (N)' :
Chapter 3: Sleep Debuffs
Result :
Chapter 3: Sleep Nhit
Back to top Go down
Pigloo
Role Players
Role Players
Pigloo

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 2:11 pm

I can't believe sir Gene just sat there and didn't even help me but I'll show him. As I delved deeper and deeper into the alley, the sound of the parade was dying out. My hands were starting to hurt because of the constant friction with the bag's straps. 

"Ugh! This thing is really hea-"

I was halfway into the alley when all of the sudden my eyes became extremely heavy and my body went completely limb. I fell on my side and once I was on the ground, I was fully asleep. What had happened to me? For a while I thought maybe I was too hungry or too tired that my body just shutdown. Then my thoughts flew elsewhere, I was sleep and I was dreaming.

In my dreams I was a farm, very colorful farm. Everything was bright and happy. The animal had huge heads, much larger than their normal proportion. The trees had faces and they were singing, everyone was singing, everything was alive. The grass suddenly grew taller, up to chest. A flock of ducks flew passed above me, they were in a smiley face formation. I felt like I was in a very happy place.
Back to top Go down
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 7:39 am

C.S.R., Romoa...

Gene was adamant on having Ayshee tell him what he was feeling, but the brat decided to pick up their stuff and leave without him. He let him go, expecting him to come running back in a minute or two. He couldn't possible go very far carrying that much. He remained in his current position for several minutes, thinking he'd be back by now. But a little later and he still didn't come back.

In the distance, he could hear a roaring crowd of cheery people making merry in the streets. Clenching his teeth and squeezing his arms tightly, he reluctantly got on his feet to check out what was happening over yonder. It wasn't long 'til he discovered a parade happened to come into the city. There were lots of different colors, eating, drinking and dancing going on. 

("Ah shit.") The pipsqueak must've gotten himself lost in the crowd and got carried away somewhere. Gene could feel his blood pressure rising in his cranium, almost like he was going to burst. He calmed himself down and planned on asking around for him, though he didn't think he'd have much luck with that. He described Ayshee the best he could to many of the local party-goers , but with no luck. They were all too distracted by what was going on to even notice a child wandering around them. And it was no use looking for him himself, there were just too many people packed together.

Gene walked out of the crowd to take a breather and clear his head a bit. The most frustrating part is that if it weren't for him worrying about the kid so much, he'd be having a blast enjoying the festivities. "Dammit, I need a drink." He hoped he wouldn't have to worry about him too much though. Everyone here seemed friendly enough and he couldn't think of any reason why they'd want to hurt him unless he somehow caused some trouble for some other folks, like he does often. But thinking that just made him feel worse. "*groan~* What am I gonna do?" He said as he scratched the back of his head, wondering how he was gonna find a lost kid in this city.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 8:34 am

City of Ramoa
The City of Heroes

The Agent picked up to boy, Eishi, leaving his sword and the heavy sack behind. He hid the boy under his robes and carried him to a nearby establishment that the Agent was renting. It was away from the parade, hence there was little to no traffic on the way to his hideout. He knew the boy would awaken soon so he had to act fast. Once there he ignored the front desk and went straight up to his room. He then sat Eishi on a chair, then he went over to the windows and closed every single one of them. 

Once preparations were complete he woke the boy up and waited for him to be fully awake before saying, "Hello. Don't be frightened I just want to help you get home. I know you're not from this world. So tell me where are you from."
Back to top Go down
Pigloo
Role Players
Role Players
Pigloo

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 9:15 am

It felt like I was dreaming for hours when all of the sudden I awoke and found myself inside a strange place with a strange masked man. The strangeness was enough to jolt me fully awake, I scrabbled to get my sword but it wasn't where it should be. Had I been kidnapped again? Why does this always happen to me? Whenever act like an adult, something bad happens to me and I end up causing more trouble for the people around me. I was so tired of this why can't I just grow up?!

Then the masked man mentioned something about not being from this world and going home. I shifted my interest. Finally someone could help me get home, but I wasn't completely sure if I could trust him. After all he did just kidnap me, or at least that's what I think he did. Looking around, I noticed that I wasn't tied to the chair like last time and the place that I was in looked more pleasant than most. Maybe I just passed out on the street and this man was kind enough to help me. Still... How could be have known I was from another world. I have to play this smart, if there's one thing I learned, it's that if something is too good to be true it probably is.

So I decided to pretend that I don't know what he was talking about. "I don't know what you're talking about." I said to the masked man. I'm not so sure he'll buy it, but it should give me a more descriptive idea of who he is and what he wants.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 2:37 pm

City of Ramoa
The City of Heroes

The Agent sensed that the boy didn't trust him that much. He had no reason to trist this stranger in a mask, but i. So he decided to make the boy feel more at ease, he removed his mask and revealed himself as this beautiful woman. Her whole aura changed after removing her mask, from a mysterious masked figure to this completely feminine temptress. She sat extended her hand to Eishi and offered him a chance to change the past.
Chapter 3: Sleep Sceneagent

"I wish to offer you a chance to change your past. But in return you must do something for me." said the agent. Every Agent of the Red Mask is different, but all of them can take the Gate Pass forcefully from a person. This agent wanted Eishi to offer it willingly because she has a different agenda. But the result will be the same, as soon as Eishi loses his Gate Pass, the Life Stream will come and judge him.

Meanwhile, a middle class knight could be seen across the street from where Gene is. He was carrying Eishi's sword and was showing it off to his fellow knights and they were all laughing. Aside from the sword, they knight also had Gene's bag pack and all it's contents. "Hey check this out. It's like a bread knife. I bet I could use this to pick my teeth." he gloated with his knight friends.
Back to top Go down
Pigloo
Role Players
Role Players
Pigloo

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 4:16 pm

I could feel my sweat beating out from my face. I was nervous but I resisted showing any signs of my distress. How could I let myself fall prey once again to such a situation. This can't be my fate. I refuse to believe that I'm going out like this. Then suddenly, the person wearing the curious looking mask took off her mask and I was like "Oh.."

Blood suddenly rushed to my face, I blushed. She was very pretty. She looked like one of those super models that I saw on Television. I felt immediately close to her, like I wanted her to like me. I completely forgot that I was in a possible kidnapping situation. All of the sudden she offered me a chance to change the past. I instantly thought of my mother, how I wished I could bring her back. I missed my mother very much. She was the most loving, kindest, and sweetest person in the world. And it was my fault that she got sick. I was suddenly filled with strong emotions: Sadness, longing, and regret.

My life would have been different had I made different choices. I want to change the past. I really do. As I looked into the woman's eyes I saw her sincerity. There was something magical in this world and I would probably never have this chance ever again. So I said, "What do you want me to do?"
Back to top Go down
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 6:10 pm

C.S.R., Romoa...

While Gene moped by himself against some random building, watching the parade roll down the streets, he could hear someone laughing obnoxiously from the other side of the road. It grabbed his attention and he stood up to see who was making that noise that overpowered even the crowd around him. It looked like some fancy-shmancy knight showing something off. He squinted and saw Ayshee's sword being waved around. Gene's eyes lit up as he bulldozed over to the man with the small sword. "Hey! Where did you find that? Tell me right now!" He demanded from him. "And give it back, all of it!!" He added, spotting his bag as well as Ayshee's round shield.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 pm

City of Ramoa
The City of Heroes

The knight stopped laughing after Gene interrupted their fun with his intrusion. The knight who had Eishi's items turned around and faced Gene. He was about the same height as Gene but with less muscles. He was flashing his insignia like it meant something. He was irritated by what Gene was trying to imply, a common man who didn't look anything like a distinguished knight or a noble. He took some steps towards Gene until his was right up Gene's face and said, "Are you calling me a thief boy!? Why don't you get the hell out of here before I make quick work of you!"

He then turned around and walked back to his friends and told them, "Can you imagine the nerve of that peasant! I would've had his head if I were less merciful"

Then the other knights started laughing at Gene. They were obviously, not intimidated by Gene's large sword. They took anyone who wasn't a knight or a member of a noble family to be beneath them and deserving of lesser treatment.
Back to top Go down
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 3:43 pm

C.S.R., Romoa...

This man was as Gene suspected he would be: a blowhard that was all bark and no bite. The knight threatened to make short work of him and then turned away from him while bragging to his subordinates. Gene stood behind him with a very unamused expression. So if he wasn't going to tell him willingly, he'd have to get a little rough with him. He walked ahead of him to pick him up by his shirt with one hand and slam him into the ground to get him into a better position for a more forceful interrogation.
Back to top Go down
*bot ffmsl DICE
Battle Bot
Battle Bot
*bot ffmsl DICE

Love : 0

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 3:43 pm

The member 'Gene' has done the following action : FFMSL Dice

'Physical (P)' :
Chapter 3: Sleep Physicals
Result :
Chapter 3: Sleep Pmiss
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 3:57 pm

City of Ramoa
The City of Heroes

The Knight was able to dodge Gene's push attack due to one of his friends pulling him away just as Gene let his hands go. The took it as a sign that the peasant wanted to pick a fight with them. They immediately drew their swords and surrounded Gene.

"So you want a beating eh? Well you're about to get it you dirty beggar!"

IMMINENT BATTLE!
please enter the Battle and Flip the coin dice: https://ffmsl.rpg-board.net/t593-chapter-3-arrogant-knights#11735
Back to top Go down
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 11:11 am

C.S.R., Romoa...

Gene had handled himself so poorly that he was about to be finished off by a bunch of goons who weren't even as strong as he was, they just had the numbers. Then a man with a painted face showed up and somehow stopped all the knights dead in their tracks; even Gene was frightened by this power. After that, they ran away in fear of the man, knowing they couldn't fight him. He almost wanted to just step away from him, but he had to at least be grateful. He would've died like a dog on the street otherwise. 

He approached the stranger from behind and spoke. "Uhh... Thanks for that *cough* pal. Guess I *cough cough* owe you one now." He coughed up some of his own blood while giving the man his words of thanks. "Now, who the hell are you and why did you help me? You could've just as easily let me die there. You want somethin' for me?" He let his paranoid tendencies get the better despite having been saved by this man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next