Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play-by-Post RPG

HomePortalPublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The StoryThe LoreCharactersMy Player

Room 1 PVERoom 2 PVPRoom 3 STSRoom 4 PTS

Game GuideSkillsTransactionsGame Room

Chapter 1: Arrival

Go down 
+2
SkylordAndy
Vangran
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vangran
Role Players
Role Players
Vangran

XP : 53018
Love : 1

Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:37 pm

Thomas had been about to respond to Nigel the freelance when he heard a commotion from the marketplace. He was surprised to find that the cause was a pink-haired woman. Although he was practically a novice in the ways of magic, he could tell she was powerful. Conjuration was not an easy thing to learn, and here she was summoning a sword as if it was as opening an unlocked door. He decided in the end to see how it played out, and he was reward with a display of power that had this boots shaking. He would not be so foolish as to tempt her to fight a second time, wounded or no. And after the yelling he just heard he doubted she would be very sociable right now.

Turning back to Nigel, he shook his head, "A spar would be most welcome, ser Nigel. If you would lead the way, I will follow. I do not come here often enough to know my way around."

Alexander was anxious to get away from the volatile mage. Sticking around could only lead to disaster.
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

XP : (-)
Love : 0

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:17 pm

(For Agnes)
The woman was taken aback by Agnes's reaction to an offer of healing.  While her unit started to regroup she held up her hand and they all froze and then backed away.  

She smirked and said "Darling you are full of surprises, I knew you were special since you entered town.  You have a powerful aura, I felt it right away and have been observing you."  the woman told Agnes.  

"After your snafu in the market I knew I had to meet you.  I have an offer for you.  I would like to invite you into my group.  With my guidance we can see what your true potential is.  Of course like the magics we weave I can not force my will, I can merly guide you in the proper direction.  I will neither try to force you to join nor will I detain you.  I will say this in as soon as we finish talking I will turn and leave and my men will follow.  If you want to test your limits then follow.  If you want to leave then go.  Our grounds will always be open to you, just ask for Tess  the Queen of Diamonds. "  Tess told the girl as she turned to walk away with a flourish.  But she had only taken a few steps when she turned back.

"One more thing those men you embarrassed the spades will not take it lightly.  Even as we speak I fear as many spades as are available are probably getting ready to take you down.  But I must be getting back, see you soon darling."

(For Vangran)
Nigel nodded at Thomas in agreement.  He felt that Dangerous aura and she was not a foe he wanted to face.  It had been over quickly, he did not feel sorry for the Spades they probably deserved it.  However looking at the fallen Hearts he felt pity for them.  The Queen of Hearts drove her unit hard as it was.  But when she found out three of her recruits were taken out she would probably drive them all the harder then they already were.   "Sammy isn't going to like this"  thought to himself as he motioned for Thomas that they should head out.

The Freelance base was not far from the market. As they entered the base the sound of crying could be heard.  There was two Spades pushing around some small children, from the looks of things they seemed to be street urchins. They were pushing them around and taunting them.

"What should we do with these rats?  toss them into the pits?"  one sneered

"Nah the crowd tends to bet less when kids are in the pit, feel guilty I guess." the other laughed

"Well then maybe we should just feed them to the Butcher,  he has been demanding more blood these days."

"Aye that is a good plan, at least we can get some enterainment out of them."

Hearing this the kids began crying louder. Looking at the scene Nigel coughed and said "that is a waste of potential Let me take them make them pages and train them as the next generation of Clubs."

The two Spades turned angrily but there faces paled at who it was.

"It's the Jack of Clubs!"  the first one exclaimed.

"You might be an elite but you can't boss us around.  You want these brats your going to entertain us, we demand a duel." The second one says.

Nigel looked at the two of them and nodded but before he can speak the first one interupts.

"No you, him" he said pointing at Thomas.

Nigel looked at them and then said "well that is really up to him.  Tho I really would appreciate it if yoy would.  And remember we all aren't like these two.  We can spar and talk afterwards...and if you do accept no need to worry about not hurting them."  Nigel said looking at the pair of cruel Spades in contempt.

(For Skylord)
Decimus looked at Ace and said "If our Jack has his way we do. And I must say we try and help all we can. The Clubs remeber that we are mercenaries not assasins something some of the other suites have forgotten. One can hope that Jack of Clubs can one day become the King of Clubs and as part of the royal council he could enact real change...tho he is reluctant to take the spot, I guess he has his reasons" the old man stated sadly.

He quickly ushered him into the large building "Welcome to the freelances headquarters." Decimus said as he opened the door just in time to bear witness to the confrontation between Nigel and Thomas and the Volatile Spades. "Excuse me sir I hate to step on your toes but lets make it a double duel. My new protoge was just asking how we protect I vote he finds out first hand." Decimus called out volunteering Ace to take on the thugs.

Nigel looked the boy up and down and nodded to Decimus. "Good find Ten he looks to have potential I agree if everyone else does.

The Spades looked at him and laughed "sure the child can play".

Then everyone looked to Thomas to see if he would fight with Ace.
Back to top Go down
Notingles
Moderators
Moderators
Notingles

Love : -1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 3:03 am

A hand raised as sunlight flooded the inside of a ship's crew quarters, opened by the captain. That hand belonged to Danny Russ, who was working as a guard to the Fat Sardine, a small trading ship that was making it's way from Union city to Drakestone. The now awakened man was very tempted to tell the bloody bastard to fuck right off, but the need to get paid coupled with a terrible headache the cheap wine that was shared with him by the crew kept him from doing so. He was not alone in the hold, however, as four other mercenaries were there as well. They were informed this was their last shift before reaching port, and were to start moving into position. With a face that would make a marlboro's victim look good, Danny grabbed his staff with some grumbles and incentive from his fellow soldiers, who could go to hell just as much as the captain in his opinion. Bunch of thugs they were, one was going as far as boasting how he forced two kids to fight for a piece of bread once, as if that was difficult or praise-worthy in the city they left from... Then again, it was probably some tall tale to look big bad and tough, something Danny could tell the man wasn't, other than bad.

The smell of the port was soon reaching Danny's nostril, and while not the best in the world, it was surely a improvement over the slums of Union City. 100 gil wasn't quite fair pay for a trip that large, but it's not like he could complain about it, since he wasn't in any guild... Wouldn't stop him from doing it thought, once he actually received the money. By the time they reached shore, the captain, crewmembers and the merchant behind it all lost no time throwing the payments to the band of mercenaries, wanting them gone as soon as possible. "Works for me either way. But sure could stop being a greedy arse, eh?" were the bandannaed man's thoughts as he walked away, not really torn up about ditching his traveling companions. "Suppose the best idea right now would be finding the bread-earner, eh?" he thought before being struck by a sharp pain to the head, coming from finally standing in solid ground with a hangover. "Bloody... Ach, i 'sposse getting some water to drink would be better."

It didn't take long to find the market, where a spring could be found. Puting down the staff with his bag, he dove his head into the water, both to freshen himself up and get a few gulps to lessen the pain. "That's the stuff." Repeating the proces two more times, the throbbing on his head had subsided somewhat... He was used to the feeling enough for it not to bother him. Using the last mouthfull of water to gargle and spit, Danny put his bandanna back on, taking notice of some movement nearby, five people being helped up, one of them clutching his family jewls and carried on a stretcher... They eemed uniformed somewhat, probably a mitia or something, Danny didn't know a lot about the city other than about the fighting pits and the old rich people willing to pay good money to people who fought in them... But might as well make sure. Staff over his sholder and tavelling bad tied near it's center, Danny aproached the group. [b]"Oy, tell me what's going on, will ya? Just got in town, and you look like the fighting type. Some kind of guild or something?
Back to top Go down
Vangran
Role Players
Role Players
Vangran

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 3:18 am

Disgusted with the attitude of the so-called "Spades", Thomas drew his sword and held it slanted toward the ground to the ground, "If it's a fight you seek, then I shall give it to you. There is such a thing as decency, although with your previous words I wonder if you even know what it means. As a loyal knight I shall teach you what it means to be a fighter." Not usually one for speeches, however impromptu, he still felt it was necessary. After all, just beating the crap out of them wouldn't teach them anything.
Back to top Go down
SkylordAndy
Members
Members
SkylordAndy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 11:32 am

Ace just turns to the old man. "Oi, what the hell have i gotten myself into?"
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 12:22 pm

(For Skylord and vangran) 
Decimus Looked at the kid.  "What have you gotten yourself into you ask?  Nothing yet, I am trying to get you into a fight with our "Dear" brothers the Spades so I can see where your potential lies and how to best teach you.  and on top of it you help out those poor urchins from being abused."  the old man calmly explained.

"But if you do not feel up to it, go ahead and sit it out watch how a knight defends the weak.  because that is what it means to be a Club.  It takes a lot of power to fight, it takes more then that to protect.  so sit and watch or do something about it the choice is yours."  Decimus told the lad as he walked to stand next to Nigel.  

"But choose fast this fight is fast approaching they will not sit and wait for you"

Nigel was watching the initiate and the knight he had nodded approvingly when the knight agreed to combat, they were trained to step forward when the call to arms was sounded.  And he didn't  blame the kid for being nervous before a fight he was still green.  No he knew from experience the boys decision did not determine whether Decimus would train him, it would determine how hard he was on the kid.  But he did not speak he just silently watched waiting to see how this would play out.

(Skylord will you join the duel or just observe it?)

(For Notingles)

The five who fought Agnes were in no condition to talk.  But the men who cleared the battle zone were able to answer the stranger's question.  "We are the freelances an independent mercenary guild.  I wish I could be of more service, but as you can see the market is in disarray,  If you want to talk to someone in authority head to the edge of the market.  you can not miss the building it is marked with the heart, spade, diamond, and Club.  Just go in and ask for a Jack or Ten, they can help you.  I am sure Nigel has figured out an excuse to sneak back there by now.  Talk to him or any other Elite Agent... tho if you are interested in joining us it is a perfect time.  it would seem we have a few openings available at the moment."  the Club told him before he went back to helping clean up the mess.
Back to top Go down
SkylordAndy
Members
Members
SkylordAndy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Ace sighs and then cracks his neck. "Jeeze, the one day i thought would be relaxin and i get pulled into a fight?"

He gives a huge grin. "I like this place already! HAHAHA!" He yells as he leaps into the fray!

(Hell yeah ill join!)
Back to top Go down
Notingles
Moderators
Moderators
Notingles

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:48 am

This went quite smoothly, didn't it? Guess luck's taking a turn for the better for bloody once. "Independent, huh? So i suppose there's no need to... Bah, forget It, i'll just make sure myself there." Danny said before setting off in the direction instructed by the mercenary. On the way there, Danny noticed more soldiers like the ones from before... It seemed they used four different uniforms, two groups wearing lighter ones, probably mages and the other two dressed like your standard warrior... So it wouldn't be a stretch to assume these guys organized themselves in specializations, or at least did so in the majority of time. Like it was aid, finding the building wasn't too hard. Not too shabby looking, and the emblem probably provided a tip a to the names of the groups... Card, maybe? Perhaps cheesy, but he definitely saw worse before. "Doesn't smell as bad as most guilds halls i know either. Maybe some modicrum of organization for once?"

Danny didn't really enter quietly, opening the door with quite a bit of force, but not quite enough to slam it, as the thing was slightly ajar, o he figured it was  stuck on the floor or something. While his assessment was wrong, he didn't really care much, as long as there wasn't damage to the door or whatever's behind it, he could just shrug it off if anyone brought it up. That, or he could sent them packing. Whatever seemed most appropriate. The scene that greeted him seemed to be of conflict... Two men, one wearing a somewhat familiar armor that he couldn't quite put his finger on and what seemed to be a brawler going up against two of the mercenaries from the company... Since everyone else seemed relatively calm and controlled, it probably meant it was a exhibition match that Danny would just observe and not think too much about it, was it not for the two kids in the corner, looking somewhat shaken. Raising an eyebrow, Danny approached the closest person around and asked "Oi, what's this all about? Some fight because of the kids?"

Last edited by Notingles on Thu May 14, 2015 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:20 am

Nigel and Decimus looked over to the new comer.  He seemed like a tough guy, whether he was talk or substance they were not sure.  Nigel looked to Decimus.  "I am going to oversee this make sure everyone plays nice,  Can you see to him?"  Nigel asked as he turned back to watching the developing fight.

Decimus nodded and walked over to the newcomer.  "Hello Stranger.  What's going on you ask.  Just an in house dispute over the future of those children.  The spades want to toss them to the pits, and the clubs want to make them pages in the group,  facilitate their potential.  So we are handling the issue over a "friendly" duel.  But the true Question is what brings you to the Freelance Home base.  It doesn't look like you are here to hire us.  So Why are you here, are you looking for work, or perhaps you wish to fight in the pits under our banner."  Decimus asked eyeing the young man up and down sizing him up.  "It seems today is a good day for potential recruits"  he thought with a smile
Back to top Go down
Notingles
Moderators
Moderators
Notingles

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:49 am

Pretty light way to put it, huh? "Well, i was here looking for work, but now i'm mostly just pissed off. If those asshats feel like pushing people around, then maybe those wankers enjoy goin up against someone who isnn't under 4 feet tall." One of the few groups of people who Danny outright liked was kids, got a soft spot for 'em. And here were two bastards just kinda handing them to a slaughterhouse? "HOW ABOUT IT, YA PRICKS!? FEEL FREE TO CALL ANOTHER OF YER BUDDIES TO MAKE THING FAIR, OR YOU JUST A BUNCHA THUGS!?" Danny hadn't been invited into this friendly duel, but he didn't care at the moment, he was inviting HIMSELF to it. swinging his staff in an vertical arc to his side, he let his bag hit the ground with a dry sound before placing his weapon over his shoulder to wait the response. While he didn't feel disconfort from his hangover due being used to it, his body was still rather affected, that would probably make him a bit weaker, but it didn't matter right now, all he wanted was to bash some heads in.
Back to top Go down
[][][][]
Moderators
Moderators
[][][][]

XP : 251911
Love : 4

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Drakestone Back alleys

Agnes was able to let out a sigh of sweet breath when the freaks in dresses finally left. She panted out hot air as she cooled herself down from the rage that was slowly building up inside her. She titled over to the wall and rested her temple on it. Her tiny hands and long smooth firm legs stopped shaking.~ Agnes didn't know what came over her, it had been months since her last incident. Any longer and she would've lost all control over herself. That was such a close call Agnes could only fight for so long to stay in control of her mind and body. Eventually the other person wins and when that happens all hell breaks loose. Not to mention she hates waking up naked when this anomaly happens.~

Her magic disappears and her eyes returns to their normal beautiful state. Agnes wasn't aware what consequences her actions today would cost. A drop of hot sweat dripped down from her face to her neck, through middle of her chest, down to her belly button, and eventually in between her thighs before finally landing on the ground.~

Agnes felt sticky, covered in her own sweet smelling sweat. "I need a shower~" She remarked. She takes the rest of her stuff and goes to find an Inn.~
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:25 am

Nigel clapped at the performance of his guests.  Decimus would have clapped as well but he was busy feeding the unconscious Ace a health potion.  Nigel looked at the kids giving them a smile then walked over to Danny.  

"I am sorry my friend it seems the action is over but I welcome your willingness to jump in.  I must say that I am impressed with both you and Ace there.  I welcome the chance to help you both reach your full potential.  and I promise there will be many great battles to come...."  as he spoke one of the doors burst open and several more Spade thugs rushed in.  they looked at their fallen comrades and one of them ran back through the door they came through a double door marked with a large spade.

"Hey who did that to them first the witch in the market and now this, you louts will pay for this"  one of them cried out to the applause of the rest of the group."

"See there seems to be a fight coming up now."  Nigel smiled as he walked over to the children "Come lets get you something to eat.  If you don't mind could you three handle these brutes,  I will see to the children.  Once you all have had your fun please come to the great hall for dinner.  Decimus will lead you.  Oh and try not to kill them, we have a rule here that duels and fights are allowed even encouraged by some.  but we don't kill our own guild members no matter how much we might dislike and disagree with them.  but feel free to show them the error of their ways with fist and sword."  Nigel said before leaving the entrance with the children taking them to the great hall.  

As he left he turned to Thomas "and I have not forgotten we will have our duel but for now these kids need my attention and those spades would like yours.  as for you two consider this just a part of freelance training.  Welcome aboard, if you make it to the great hall you pass the test and are officially in."  And then Nigel was gone as the Brutes closed in.  "Lets get these punks quickly before backup arrives."  one of them murmured to the rest.  The group was lucky the far stronger Freelance spades were out hunting the witch.  But there were still a lot of dregs left at base and they were looking for a fight.
Back to top Go down
Vangran
Role Players
Role Players
Vangran

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Thomas scowled at the back of the presumptuous freelancer. He has no need of joining some guild when he was a knight of the Padilla Empire. Still, he would not allow himself to be bested by a bunch of weaklings. He shifted his feet drew his arm back, placing his left hand on the hilt of his sword and holding the blade parallel to the ground, glaring menacingly at the oncoming fools, "You face a knight of the Padilla Empire, retreat now or suffer disgrace in defeat."
Back to top Go down
Notingles
Moderators
Moderators
Notingles

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 8:38 pm

A vein started to throb on Danny's head by the time the fight for the four started, aparently ignoring him in the heat of their argument. "Know what, fuck it, let's just watch for now." He thought as he saw the blue haired chump try and rush the soldiers. That was... not the most effective idea, to say at least.As soon as they were given time to strike back, the kid was already hanging by a thread. The uniformed guy, however... He was visibly experienced and well trained. "Now that i think about it... WHAT THE BLOODY-" A slihtly blue and black outline landed near him, soon revealing itelf to by the monk boy. Still Green, but probably could become a darn good brawler with an instructer... [/i]"Well, not that i care. And it seems the other chump already finished things up."[/i] he thought as the older fella started to speak. "Tch, i'd rather have jumped in anyway. Bu can't say the result ain't what i was hoping for."

Then suddently, the door bust open by some other sorry-looking sods. Other members of the... Spades group? Danny couldn't quite remember the name of the card houses in that kind of card, he mostly stuck to northern decks. Regardles of the name of the company, those guys were looking for a fight... And Danny would be happy to oblige. "Hey old man, once i'm done here, i'm gonna talk to ya about them famous pits, got that?" He said, catching his travlel bag with the tip of his staff and throowing it at the general direction of where the three other men disapeared to... eemed the least likely location for his things to be stolen from. Then he heard the armored man's boast, raising an eyebrow about the whole situation. "Fighting alongside a bloody imperial knight? For fuck's sake, that's just sad." he thought, readying his weapon. Holding it's center near the torso with thee tip slightly bent dowards. "Y'all bloody bastards came in at just the right time!"
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

Love : 30

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 7:24 am

Chapter 1 has ended. Please conclude your battle before joining chapter 2.
Back to top Go down
https://ffmsl.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Arrival
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2